Behavioural Consults – Dogs
Behavioural consultancy is for owners that are experiencing problems with their dogs, such as:
- Dog to dog aggression
- Dog to human aggression
- Resource guarding
- Separation-anxiety related problems
- Noise phobias
- Excessive barking
Important notice: Often problem behaviour can be caused by a physical issue. Please ensure your pet has been checked by your veterinary surgeon prior to a consultation and complete the referral form below which should then be sent to us at: [email protected]
For veterinary surgeons – please click here or on the image to download the behaviour consultancy referral form
The Consultation Process
- Typically, a phone call to briefly discuss your case and confirm how the process works
- You will receive a pre-assessment form to be completed and returned at least seven working days prior to your first appointment
- Depending on the case, the first consultation meeting typically lasts around 2 hours
- Follow-up appointments are usually around 1.5 hours and spaced approximately 7-10 days for session 2, then 14-21 days for session 3
- If you are self-isolating we will hold your appointments via video conferencing
- If you are not self-isolating then appointments can be in-person and other members of your household can be present depending on the COVID-19 recommendations at the time of your appointment
- Your pet’s daily routine, history and family’s expectations of your dog will be discussed
- Any footage of your pet’s behaviour will be observed and discussed
- Hanne will help you to understand why your dog is displaying unwanted behaviours and, importantly, how to deal with them
- An accurate behavioural diagnosis and treatment plan will be provided
- Video, telephone and email back-up support will be available to you during the consultation process and up to six weeks following your last consultation appointment, so you have the support and coaching you need to ensure success
While most dogs respond well to behaviour modification programmes after the initial consultation, some pets may need extra help. That’s why the behaviour consultation process includes three consultation appointments as part of your treatment plan
- Video behavioural consultancy is £350 (non-refundable)
- In-person behavioural consultancy is £450 (non-refundable)
Preferred payment method is via BACS transfer and payment for the behavioural consultation programme should be made upon booking to secure your appointments as per our Terms & Conditions.
What's included in the behavioural consultancy package?
The behavioural consultation process includes:
- Preparation of your case file (approx. 3hrs)
- Initial email[s] and phone call to discuss your case (approx. 30mins) at first point of contact
- Video conference or in-person consultation appointments depending on which option you book (x 3 sessions)
- Probable behavioural diagnosis and treatment plan pack (supplied in the initial consultation appointment)
- Follow-up letter to your referring veterinary surgeon
- Back-up notes for each follow-on session (2 & 3)
- Advice and on-going coaching via email, videos, telephone / web conferencing between sessions if desired
- Mileage for each session (within an 8 mile radius) where face to face appointments
- Access to the latest articles from Hanne Grice including online blogs, downloadables, newsletters and more
- Early bird invitations to Hanne Grice’s behaviour and training workshops, and printable resources
Depending on the case, additional visits may be recommended and or required after our review at session 3. These are charged at £80 per hour for one face-to-face or virtual session or at £75 per hour for blocks of 2 or more in-person or virtual appointments, plus mileage outside an 8 mile radius.
Mileage outside the 8 mile radius of Tring is charged at 0.47p per mile.
72 hours’ notice of Hanne Grice Training & Behaviour business hours is required if you need to cancel or change your appointment. Our business hours are from 9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays. Failure to do so will result in you being charged 50% of the full fee. This also applies for no show appointments.
During COVID-19: Face to Face Consultations and Video Conferencing
As a result of the current COVID-19 crisis, behaviour consultations will be delivered in accordance to recommended Government guidelines at the time. We can also provide consultancy via remote video conferencing if this is a preferred option for you, and is helpful for those who are self-isolating but want to continue with their behavioural programme. Video conferencing enables Hanne to see you and your dog in your natural home environment and avoids placing your dog under any stress.
Experiencing problems with your dog?
Hanne Grice Art Gallery
Pictures created by some of Hanne’s young client owners.
We asked Hanne to help us with issues we’d encountered with our nearly 2 year old Working Cocker. The three sessions we had were incredibly useful and we learnt so much, plus supporting our other Cocker puppy and old dog too. Hanne is very easy to work with and super helpful. Thank you!Liam McGrath
Hanne is a ‘next level’ behaviourist. She is extremely knowledgeable and highly qualified… Her services are very good value for money, as I have had many hours of zoom calls, and detailed, ‘my dog’ specific information and exercises, together with critique of me ‘out in the field’. I highly recommend.Alison Mirpuri