Filter by category:
18th March 2020 – Message from Hanne Grice
These are unsettling and extraordinary times as the situation with COVID–19 remains extremely dynamic.
Following Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s 5pm briefing today, as an educator we are halting our current Puppy & Dog School classes. We aim to offer our students booked onto our forthcoming courses alternative solutions, and I will be in touch with them separately.
Client interaction and COVID-19
I wanted to assure you that the safety and wellbeing of all those we work with continues to be of the upmost importance to myself and my team. We already have in place actions and protocols to ensure everyone is as protected as much as possible. This includes:
- Handwashing and hand sanitation prior to entering and leaving clients’ properties. Face to face sessions will only continue in line with advice.
- Using appropriate disinfectants for COVID-19 to clean any equipment used for training and vehicles in which this equipment is transported.
- We will confirm prior to each upcoming appointment our healthy practice procedures to clients, and reschedule appointments if we are exhibiting any signs of illness.
- We also respectively ask any clients to let us know if they or a family member is feeling unwell. For an overview of the symptoms and further information on COVID-19 click here.
- We will be operating a no hand-shake rule but have plenty of smiles to give.
- We will aim to conduct training sessions online for our clients, including reminders of the things they should be working on with their dog based on the training they have already experienced.
- We will also provide some video content to help clients wanting to actively train with their dogs, as well as some webinar content for those that want to continue their understanding of animal behaviour. Please keep an eye on our website for further information coming soon.
We hope to continue to operate our services to the best of our abilities during these next few months, as we all do our best to get through this.
Please do get in touch if you have any questions, need advice or support – or just want to share your successes with your animals while you’re training at home, we are here for you.
For any trainers – if you want a friendly ear to talk to, then please also get in touch.
I hope that you and your family stay safe and healthy during this most testing of times.